Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 19

Thema: First release of rp6simul, a simulator for the RP6 and m32

Neuer Benutzer Öfters hier

First release of rp6simul, a simulator for the RP6 and m32

Anzeige

LiFePo4 Akku selber bauen - Video
    Hello all,

Although AREXX has an official forum, I figured posting this here as well made sense because the majority of the RP6 community seem to hang out in this place. Although I live next to Germany, my German is not in a very good shape, so I hope everyone excuses my use of English on this forum...

The past few months I have been busy with creating a simulator for the RP6 robot. The simulator is open source (GPL), cross-plaftorm (Windows and Linux binaries are provided) and both the RP6 and its m32 extension board can be simulated either independently or simultaneously. The simulator is especially useful if you want to debug or test your robot code, but also presents a nice 'soft' alternative when for instance your batteries ran out again, or you want to test-drive before acquiring the robot.

Although this is the first release, it is already contains many features. Most importantly, all the peripherals found on the RP6 and m32 (sensors, ADC devices, timers, motors, TWI, etc) are supported. The simulator itself is written in C++ and uses Qt extensively to provide a nice cross-platform interface with a system native look. Besides easy access to the robot state (sensor data, IO registers, etc), the simulator interface also provides a simple two-dimensional environment in which the robot can move and interact with obstacles and lighting.

So if you are interested, please visit the project homepage: http://sourceforge.net/p/rp6simul/
    A more detailed description can be found on the about page: http://sourceforge.net/p/rp6simul/wiki/About/

And, finally some screenshots

Robot status overview
    Two-dimensional simulation environment
    m32 simulation

AN ALLE DIE HIER MITLESEN: -Rick- spricht besser englisch als deutsch. Trotzdem könnt ihr auf deutsch antworten, -Rick- wird sein bestes geben eure Antworten zu verstehen und wird dann auf englisch versuchen, euch zu helfen.
    damaltor, 13.01.2012
    Geändert von damaltor (13.01.2012 um 01:38 Uhr)

Benutzer Stammmitglied
    Der Next Button im fenster "Projekt erstellen" ist inaktiv. Bug oder was anderes?

Hmm .. do you have write access to the selected directory? Can you try another one? I noticed that on Windows sometimes your 'home' directory doesn't work, but for instance "My Documents" does.

Erfahrener Benutzer Roboter-Spezialist Avatar von -schumi-
    Hi Rick,

installing worked perfekt on Arch Linux x86_64

Now i want to create a new project, but what the hell is this Plugin!? Is it the program running on the RP6 while simulation?

I downloadet "rp6simul-plugin", and as i understood i have to put the sourcecode of the program into the rp6-folder (I only want to simulate the Base, without M32).

But what next? In this folder i compiled the sourcecode and got a .hex-file, but i can't select it as plugin-file...

greetings
    schumi

Erfahrener Benutzer Roboter-Spezialist Avatar von -schumi-
    Ah, ok - now i know how to do it:

1. Copy your sourcecode into the rp6-folder (for example RP6Base_Move_05.c)
    2. Rename it to "test.c"
    3. In a terminal navigate to this folder and run "cmake CMakeLists.txt"
    4. Now run "make all"
    5. Open the simulator, File - New Projecet, select name and directory, then at "Plugin" chose the "rp6simul-plugin"-folder -> rp6 -> libplugin.so
    6. Thada :-D when you click at the "map"-tab you can draw your map where RP6 drives

Now i have another question:
    Is it possible to simulate the rp6 as fast as the pc can calculate? (like time lapse)

( https://www.roboternetz.de/community...Wand-zu-fahren )

greetings
    schumi

Zitat Zitat von -schumi- Beitrag anzeigen
    Ah, ok - now i know how to do it:
    1. Copy your sourcecode into the rp6-folder (for example RP6Base_Move_05.c)
    2. Rename it to "test.c"
    3. In a terminal navigate to this folder and run "cmake CMakeLists.txt"
    4. Now run "make all"
    5. Open the simulator, File - New Projecet, select name and directory, then at "Plugin" chose the "rp6simul-plugin"-folder -> rp6 -> libplugin.so
    6. Thada :-D when you click at the "map"-tab you can draw your map where RP6 drives
    Okay, glad you found it out by yourself
    The manual (which you can access via the menu or online also provides a nice guide using the GUI of cmake.
    Now i have another question:
    Is it possible to simulate the rp6 as fast as the pc can calculate? (like time lapse)

( https://www.roboternetz.de/community...Wand-zu-fahren )

greetings
    schumi
    Actually, everything running outside any timer interrupts already runs at 'full speed'. Only the the timers run at 8 (or 16) MHz to provide realistic timing. If you would like to change the simulated AVR frequency you can take a look at the config.lua file in the src/lua/robot (and src/lua/m32) directories, but I don't expect that high values are really possible due the non-realtime operating systems we use

Erfahrener Benutzer Robotik Einstein Avatar von Dirk
    Great piece of work!

I added it to the list of the most interesting RP6 projects in RN-Wissen: http://www.rn-wissen.de/index.php/RP6_-_Programmierung
    Gruß
    Dirk

Moderator Robotik Einstein Avatar von damaltor
    Ich habe den Thread mal als "wichtig" markiert, was ihn auf der ersten Seite ganz oben hält.

I marked this thread as "important", wich will make it stick to the first line on first page of this forum.
    Read... or die.
    ff.mud.de:7600
    Bild hier  

Neuer Benutzer Öfters hier Avatar von JayWay
    Many thanks to -Rick-! Great cinema!

It works well under Ubuntu Lucid Lynx and also under Windows XP. Now, the Robby is beside me all the time.

Greetings JayWay

Erfahrener Benutzer Fleißiges Mitglied Avatar von Filou89
    I installed it on Windows 7 64bit. It was working without any problems.
    The manual, as well as -Rick-'s post, were very helpful. I had a little problems while runnig "make all" because my main-files return an "uint16_t" (as it is in the Arexx example Programms) and not only an "int".
    After correcting that, i could use my .dll - Plugin.
    I'm wondering if it also works with the Remotrol.

Thanks a lot!
    Filou

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte